Adult Literacy Tutor Program
Would you like help with basic reading, writing, math or computer skills?
Our tutoring program:
- is a joint project with Literacy Central Vancouver Island
- uses volunteer tutors.
- creates a learning plan that helps you meet your goals.
- offers up to three hours per week of one-to-one tutoring.
- is at a location that is convenient for you.
Aboriginal Tutor Program
Are you an adult of First Nations or Metis heritage? We have tutors at:
- Tillicum Lelum,
- Snaw-naw-as and other locations.
Family Tutor Program
Are you a parent who would like to improve your literacy skills? Our program:
- can support your learning and your children’s learning.
- may be able to include your child in the tutoring session.
English Practice Group
Do you have English as a second language? Our English Practice Group (EPG):
- can help you practice speaking and listening in a group.
- meets at Literacy Central, different days and times of the days.
- has four different levels.
Need help with basic computer skills? We can provide one-on-one instruction.
Do you find it difficult to come to VIU or Literacy Central downtown? We have tutors at:
- various locations in Ladysmith,
- the Nanaimo Women’s Centre,
- John Howard Therapeutic Community,
- Nanaimo Corrections Centre, and more.
Contact Jacqueline Webster for more information and to set up a meeting:
250.754.8988 or firstname.lastname@example.org