Adult Basic Education (ABE) offers courses for students who need prerequisites for university or want to complete the Adult Graduation Diploma. These courses do not have any tuition or application fees for domestic students.
Why take an ABE course?
- Complete pre-requisites for university or college courses
- Improve your grades for university admission
- Complete your high school diploma (also known as the Adult Graduation Diploma)
Are ABE courses in-person or online?
The answer is both! There are five types of course delivery for ABE:
- In-person—delivered face-to-face a traditional classroom setting
- Blended synchronous—includes scheduled classroom time and a virtual component at a specific time every week
- Blended asynchronous—includes scheduled classroom time and a virtual component you can complete online on your own schedule
- Online synchronous—includes online classes at a specific time each week
- Online asynchronous—includes online classes that you take on your own schedule
When do classes start?
There are three intake periods throughout the year – specifically September, January and April. Additionally, we also have ABE courses options with a continuous intake. Talk to an Advisor to learn more details and the best fit for your goals.
Call 250.740.6425 to make an appointment.
How to apply to an ABE course?
We have a lot of staff available to help answer your questions and walk you through how to apply.
What kind of courses are available in ABE?
We offer ABE courses in the following subjects:
- Education and Career Planning
- General Science
- Computer Studies
- IECE (Indigenous Education and Career Exploration)
How does the ABE timetable work?
The course timetable will show you which ABE courses are available and when. As you look through the timetable, use the chart listed below to understand how the course codes correspond to the high school course you might be looking for.
For example, grade 12 English starts with 06 and is listed as English 067. Grade 10 Math is an intermediate course listed as Math 030.
|ABE course number starts with:||Level Name||Grade Equivalent|
|01||Literacy/Fundamental||up to grade 9|
ABE Course Descriptions
See course descriptions of individual ABE courses.
Wednesday Zoom drop-in hours
Adult Basic Education (ABE) Advisors are available for 1-on-1 video chats every Wednesday from 10 am - 12 pm.
Meeting ID: 684 5535 3773
It's free and easy to download Zoom