Academic and Career Preparation (ACP) has many programs to help students come back to school. ACP is designed to offer a starting point that is right for all types of learners. Our students receive dedicated attention and support from instructors who care about their success.
ACP programs at VIU
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) offers adult upgrading courses for those who need prerequisites for college or university entrance, or for the Adult Graduation Diploma.
- Literacy courses develop Math and English skills up to the intermediate level.
- Foundations for Success Program (FNFS) helps students learn the skills necessary to be successful in post-secondary studies.
- The Aboriginal University Bridging Program (AUBP) offers Aboriginal students enhanced supports while upgrading and transitioning into university programs.
Employment-focused programs for people facing barriers
- The Workplace Essential Skills and Training (WEST) program is designed for students with developmental and cognitive disabilities to develop the skills required to obtain and maintain employment and succeed in life.
- The Cooperative Entrepreneur Training Certificate program is for students with cognitive barriers or who have faced employment challenges who want to learn the essential skills involved in becoming an entrepreneur.
Contact us to learn more about ACP programs
Our team is just one click away if you don't know where to start. Connect with us today!